Bangor Business Saved from Fire 

Firefighters were heading back to the station from another call about 8:30 Thursday morning. As they drove on Central Street, one of them noticed the Central Street Cafe.

Assistant fire chief Scott Bostock says the crews looked in the windows and the menus inside seemed tarnished. Bostock says the fact that the crews were on scene immediately prevented a situation that could have been much worse.

Central Street was closed for about an hour while crews knocked down the fire. Bostock says the fire likely started in the stove.