1 LARGE TORTE SERVES 6 -8
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
Cream Cheese Mix
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups pumpkin (canned)
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon spoon unflavored gelatin
3 egg whites
1. Mix crust ingredients until moist, and press gently and evenly into bottom of 9":x13": cake pan.
2. Blend cream cheese mix ingredients until smooth and free of lumps: I find it easiest to cream the cheese&: sugar together, and then gradually add the egg.
3. Pour over crust, then bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and let c ool to room temp.
4. Combine all pumpkin mix ingredients except last three (egg whites, gelatin and 1/4 cup sugar): cook on stovetop until thickened.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Dissolve gelatin in 1/4-cup cold water: add to pumpkin mixture.
7. Cool to room temperature.
8. Whip the egg whites, gradually adding 1/4-cup sugar, until stiff.
9. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
10. Pour onto cheesecake and chill in refrigerator until set.