Serves 6-8 people
Lobster Cake Ingredients
1 lb.Maine lobster meat, chopped
cup ea of red, yellow, and orange pepper, small diced
1/3 cup, fine dice red onion
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1.Take lobster meat, peppers, scallions, garlic, shallots, and mayo and mix in stainless steel bowl.
2 Add Panko bread crumbs to mixture till your able to form a ball, doesn’t have to be super form, but you can change this. I like my cakes to be moist.
3. Either using an ice cream scoop or your hands form 2-inch cakes.
2 cups mayo
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
2-3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 scallion stalks sliced thinly
1 tablespoons sugar.
1. Mix all ingredients together. Cover and reserve.
2.Once all is ready to go make sure your oven is preheated to 350 degrees to 375 depending on the oven.
3.Place saut pan on stove, and heat till almost smoking and add little olive oil and butter.
4. Add Cakes to pan and sear on both sides till golden brown.
5. Put in oven for about 6-8 minutes to help finish the cooking of the middle. If you like you could eat cakes right of the pan because lobster meat is already cooked, but taste much better if heat all the way through.
6. Place on plate, with Asian Aioli and garnish with crispy bean thread noodles.