Fast Food Fire 

The Kentucky Fried Chicken/Taco Bell on Madison Ave. caught fire a little after 4:00 p.m. Tuesday.

Everyone inside made it to safety as flames grew around some built in coolers in the back.

Fire crews had to work fast to stop the fire from spreading. The hardest part was reaching the flames. Firefighters had to open up the walls to get at the flames.

One of the biggest concerns was propane lines near the area where the fire broke out.

Fortunately, it was extinguished before those lines ruptured.

Chief Tom Keene says there is extensive smoke damage throughout the building.

He suspects the restaurant will be closed for a while until the damage can be repaired.