Sea Dog’s Chocolate Stout Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients:
1 lbs. cream cheese, cubed
1 cups sugar
cup heavy cream
1 T vanilla extract
2 oz. cocoa powder
8 oz. ground chocolate crme cookies
3 oz. melted butter
Stout Swirl Ingredients:
1 qt. Stout
1 cup sugar
oz. corn starch
1 oz. water
- In a mixer, combine eggs, sugar, heavy cream, vanilla and cocoa. Mixed until ":creamed":.
- Once ":creamed":, add small pieces of cream cheese and mix thoroughly.
- In a bowl, add melted butter to ground chocolate crme cookies and mix.
- Place crumb mixture in a springform pan and press down and push crust onto sides, making sure to press firmly so crust will hold shape.
- In a saucepan, add stout and simmer until reduced by to equal 2 cups. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Mix cornstarch and water together then add to stout mixture. Mixture will become very thick.
- Add of cheesecake mixture onto crust then top with of stout mixture. Swirl the stout mixture in with a knife or spatula. Repeat with remaining mixtures.
Place pan on sheet tray. Add 2 cups of water to tray to make a water bath. Place in oven and bake at 300 for about 3 hours or until cheesecake reaches 165.