Apartment Poisoning

Updated 6 years ago

Officials believe a separated vent pipe from a new water heater is to blame for the carbon monoxide, which left two women unconscious.

The first clue came when Lisa Ouellette’s boyfriend arrived to find her unconscious Sunday afternoon. It wasn’t until early Monday, however, that officials unraveled the mystery when Ouellette’s family members arrived from out of town and began feeling ill in the same apartment.

Fire officials who evacuated the 31-unit building on Monday say another woman was found unconscious and others complained of headaches and blurred vision.

St. Joseph Hospital is using a hyperbaric chamber to treat some of the victims, but it isn’t commenting on the patients’ condition.


MENU