The fire happened at a home on Hanson Pit road, a passerby saw smoke and flames at about 5:30 Sunday morning and called 911.
When crews arrived the house, as well as a two car garage, were fully engulfed in flames.
The family renting the house wasn’t home at the time of the fire.
The Red Cross is providing temporary housing for them.
There has been no word on a cause, officials from the fire marshal’s office have been called in to investigate.
Firefighters say the damage was so extensive, the cause might never be determined.