Dexter Man Loses Home, Saves Daughter 

It happened at the Gustin residence on Keaton Pond Road at about 4:30 Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials say homeowner Timothy Gustin was cooking in the kitchen, then went out to the woodshed. When he returned, the kitchen was on fire.

Gustin rushed upstairs and carried his 15-year-old daughter out of the home.

She was taken to Mayo Regional Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

By the time firefighters arrived, the 2-story home was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters had the fire out in less than an hour, but the house is a total loss.

A horse and several other animals in the barn were killed.

Dexter fire chief Jim Gudroe says there were several challenges in fighting this fire.

&quot:There was some propane and oxygen tanks in the garage, and once they went off, that really put fuel to the fire.&quot: Chief Gudroe Said on Sunday. &quot:Then being on a dead end road it was tough to get water in here. We didn’t run out of water, but it was hard getting to it at first.&quot:

Fire crews from Corinna and Garland were called in to help fight the fire.

Neighbors say the home was not insured.

The Red Cross has been called in to help the family find a place to stay.

Firefighters believe a grease fire on the stove sparked the flame that destroyed the home.