The best way to lose weight is to never be hungry. A good, nourishing meal that’s friendly to your weight loss goals can be ready before you even walk in the door at night. All it takes is getting a few things ready to throw into a slow-cooker in the morning. Instead of getting home and mindlessly munching on all kinds of bites of whatever is about and quickly piling in the calories without feeling any satisfaction from eating have a meal ready (smelling delicious) the minute you walk in the door.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Maine Potatoes Dinner
* 6 cups peeled baking potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
* 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham, beef, or other leftover meat or poultry
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn, from can or frozen thawed
* 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
In slow cooker, combine sliced potatoes, ham, corn, bell pepper and onion: stir to mix well.
In small bowl, combine soup, milk and flour: whisk until smooth. Pour soup mixture over vegetable mixture: carefully stir to blend.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
Serves 6 POINTS(R) value 6