WATCH LIVE

Apartment Fire In Orono 

Good timing helped firefighters quickly put out a fire in Orono that’s left four University of Maine students homeless. Crews from Orono, Veazie and Old Town got the call to an apartment on Pine street around 10 o’clock Wednesday morning.

Two people inside heard the smoke detector. When they went upstairs, they saw smoke. There weren’t a lot of flames, but the smoke was heavy in the second floor bedroom where the fire started. There was a bit of good fortune in the reponse. There was more fire fighting equipment on hand locally than there usually is.