Despite their efforts, there was little that could be done to save the home on Bryer Heights road.
The fire chief says flames had already engulfed two sides of the home by the time they arrived.
They also had to deal with explosions caused by propane tanks that were kept in a nearby shed, and a pickup truck that caught fire.
Four people lived in the home. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Chief Matson says he believes the fire started in an attached mudroom, but he wasn’t sure about the cause.
The chief thinks that between the fire, smoke, and heat damage, the home is a total loss.