Albion Home Destroyed by Fire

Updated 7 years ago

Investigators believe heat lamps in a barn in Albion sparked a fire that spread to nearly 2000 bales of hay and then a house.

Fire crews from about 10 towns spent the night in Albion putting out the flames.

The call to Unity Street first came in at around 5:00 o’clock Tuesday evening.

The fire gutted Gail Quimby’s two story home as well as the barn.

Investigators think heat lamps, pointed at some baby animals in the barn, touched hay, igniting it.

Quimby and her children were able to get out of the house unharmed.

3 pigs died, but the rest of the animals are fine.

Crews cleared the scene at about 2:45 Wednesday morning.

The family does have insurance.


MENU