2cup all pourpose flour
1 cup semolina flour
1 cup milk
1tablespoon olive oil
1. Mix flour and mound in the center of a large mixing bowl, create a well into the mound large enough for all liquid ingredients.
2. Add remaining ingrdients to the ":well":.
3. Stir the liquid ingredients to mix, slowly incorperating the flour from the edges.
4. Keep stiring until you have a kneedable ball of dough.
5. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes or your arms get tired.
6. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rest referigerated for at least 1 hour.
7. In a large pot bring 1 gallon ofwater to a rapid boil.
8. Cut dough into 4 pieces, re-wrap 3 pieces.
9. On a well floured surface, roll out pasta to about 1/16": thick with a rolling pin (a pasta machine works also, just follow manufacturers instructions).
10. Cut pasta to desired shape and drop into boiling water for about 2 minutes.
11. Strain and toss with your favorite sauce.
Greek Lamb stuffed pasta
1/2lb. ground lamb
1tablespoon minced garlic
1tablespoon minced onion
pinch ground coriander
pnch gound pepper
1 teaspoon greek olive oil
1. Saute garlic, onion, pepper and coriander in oil for 30 seconds over high heat.
2. Add to ground lamb in a mixing bowl, add salt, mix well &: reserve.
For the pasta:
1/2 recipe for basic pasta
1/2 cup flour for dusting work surface
1. Roll out pasta as per basic pasta recipe through step 9.
2 Using a pizza wheel, cut pasta into 3 inch wide strips aboout 2 ft. long, cut in half if space is limited.
3. Place 1 teaspoon sizedportions of lamb mixture in center of strip about 2 inches apart for the entire length of the pasta strip.
4. Moisten the pasta around your mounds of lamb.
5. Fold the entire strip over to cover lamb mixture.
6. Gently press the pasta together around the mounds of lamb, try to push out any air from the pocket before sealing the pasta together.
7. Cut between raviolis with a pizza wheel.
8. Using a fork, gently seal the edges of ravioli.
9. Repeat untill you are out of pasta and or lamb. You should end up with 16-20 raviolis.
These can be stored referigerated for an hour on a lightly floured cookie sheet, or freeze them then put into a ziplock bag to store in the freezer for up to two weeks.
For the dish:
4tablespoons greek olive oil
1tablespoon minced garlic
salt and pepper
6tablespoons plain yogurt (greek if you can find it)
4tablespoons cucumber, diced
4tablespoons feta cheese
juice of one lemon
12 mint leaves
1. Boil ravioli in water for about 4 minutes (8 minutes if frozen).
2. In a large saute pan, sweat garlicin oil. Add strained raviolis(after boiling) and toss to coat with oil.
3. Arrange raviolis on a serving platter thenseason with salt and pepper and garnish with remaining ingredients.
*** Serves four as a pasta course ***