A call came in at around two am from neighbors saying that the home on 216 Beamis Road was on fire, and the call said they thought that an elderly woman was living in the building…
When crews arrived they found a duplex engulfed in flames. Only minutes after firefighters arrived, the structure collapsed, but remained burning.
It took a couple of hours to extinguish the blaze.
Fire crews say that the building was undergoing repairs: the rewiring had recently been completed, and that no one has been living there during the construction.
There were no injuries, and there’s no word yet on a cause.