Valentine’s Day Fires 

(WABI) – Lori Thomas was taking a bath at around noon, when flames broke out in the home she was renting on Brown’s Corner Road in Canaan. She got out safely, but the home was destroyed. It looks like the blaze started in the kitchen, although firefighters aren’t sure what caused it.

An apartment building in Corinth was also damaged by fire wednesday. Chief Scott Bragdon says a person living on an upper floor smelled smoke, and soon flames were coming through the walls.

Fire crews were able to contain the flames to that apartment. The chief says &quot:old electrical wiring&quot: probably caused that fire.