Milford Fire 

(WABI) – The call came in around just before 2:00 in the morning.

When crews got to the scene at Karen Trimm’s home on the Greenfield Road, the blaze already had a good start.

Firefighters say the flames started in a pen for Trimm’s pet emu.

The animal died, along with some cats, Trimm made it out safely, but her home is destroyed.

Firefighters from several towns responded as sub-zero conditions made it tough to keep water pressure going.

A mobile home was also destroyed by fire in Medway Tuesday.

Fire crews believe the fire started in the wall and may have been electrical.

The home is a total loss, no one was injured.