WATCH LIVE

Bangor Fire 

Fire investigators say a cigarette is likely to blame for a fire that killed a Bangor woman Friday night.

The body of 56-year-old Althea Marshman was discovered in her bed after fire fighters were called to her apartment house on Cottage Street.

Another tenant in the building discovered the fire after smelling smoke coming from Marshman’s apartment.

Firefighters suspect Marshman had been smoking in bed when the fire started.

Damage was contained to the bedroom and no one else was injured.