Fire ripped through the Benton home of John Stevens and his family last week. Destroying the house, and taking away one family’s Christmas…
Fire investigators are blaming the blaze on bad wiring.
The Red Cross helped the family out for the first few days with housing and clothes. Disaster Director Karen Hoffman told TV5, ":We help out with emergency needs – help for three days and three changes of clothes until they decide what to do to get back on their feet.":
The family also received $300 from the Salvation Army.
But the Stevens family didn’t have any insurance or money in savings, ":People are tying to donate food, but we have no place for nothing. If we had a place to live that would be great.": Said Stevens.
They’re staying with a neighbor right now but need help finding a permanent place to live.
Anyone who would like to help the stevens family can reach them by phone at 692-7570.